[29735] trunk/dports/x11/gtk-engines2/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 8 12:57:10 PDT 2007

On Oct 8, 2007, at 14:49, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Le 07-10-08 à 14:45, N_Ox a écrit :

>>> Sorry, but does this make any sense at all ?
>>> I think all it will do is make the dependency checking phase even
>>> longer and the Portfile stuffier.
>>> And what about the gnome port ?
>>
>> It does make sense if all of these are hard dependencies (as in
>> "hardcoded in configure.in or somewhere else.")
>> We should not do "If A depends on B and C and B depends on C, then
>> let's say A depends on B only."
>
> Why not ?

If, as in nox's hypothetical example, A really does depend on B and
C, then both B and C should be listed as dependencies of A. C should
not be excluded from the dependencies of A just because B currently
depends on C. B might stop depending on C at some point, at which
point A would break if A really does itself independently need C.

I do not know if any of this applies to the commit on which this
thread is based.