[29735] trunk/dports/x11/gtk-engines2/Portfile

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Mon Oct 8 18:30:20 PDT 2007

  A couple of notes on this port:

This big dependency chain was introduced because of a note that gtk-
engines2 broke if it was installed on a clean machine (ie one that
did not have GNOME installed on it first).

After the gettext upgrade fiasco, where I was maintaining some ports
(port A) where the dependency chain was A => B => C => D => E =>
gettext, but all ports A-E were linked to it by E's requirement, only
E had the explicit dependency and so A-D had to be manually
reinstalled. It seems smart to be overly explicit about dependencies
in these cases.

That said, there may be some overkill here, but I'm not sure how to
determine what is and what isn't overkill.