Website & documentation updates

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Oct 9 23:05:52 PDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 1:21 AM, Boey Maun Suang wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
>> 	What I committed to 'install.php' is basically a) what was in the
>> old 'getmp.php' page, plus b) some suggestions taken from this
>> list (Ryan's and Chris', IIRC), and c) hints taken from the wiki
>> doc "InstallingMacPorts". I believe we should reorganize these
>> three sources by first taking from the wiki doc what's useful and
>> then obliterating it, following with a reduction of 'install.php'
>> to some smart cues that lead users in smart ways into specific
>> sections of the new guide (where content from the other two
>> sources should be concentrated). Any one up to the plate for this?
>
> I've been having a go at this for the last few days, but my view of
> how it should look is a bit different from the current structure,
> and I think some feedback before I go too far down the road would
> be advisable, so I'm not going to commit it just now.  Would it be
> better for me to upload what I have as a proposed patch, and/or put
> a demo page on my website, or do something else?
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Maun Suang

	One thing I forgot to say about trunk/www just now in my last two
mails: take a look at r29783, in which I included some comments on
what I think should be in the new Home page ('index.php') and how it
should link to others ("cues"), and also created the template for a
new "Contact Us" page, which is still missing its contents.

	Regards,...

-jmpp