registry::installed function

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sat Oct 13 11:11:00 PDT 2007

The registry installed function returns a list of lists, the
structure of which I don't understand to my satifaction. Given the
two resulting entries returned by install, I gather the following:

     "pidgin 2.0.2 0 +msn 1 0",
     "pkgconfig 0.22 0 {} 1 0",

The string is "$name $version $revision $variants $active $whatIsThis"

$variants seems to be either an empty list, a string with a single
variant, or a list or variants
I do not know what $whatIsThis is. Looking at the source code of $
{prefix}/share/macports/Tcl/registry1.0/receipt_flat.tcl it seems
that  $whatIsThis is always a zero. What is it?

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."