[30149] trunk/dports/gnome/gnome-doc-utils

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Oct 23 01:16:47 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> I was just wondering why it should make so many existing ports
>> invalid,
>> but as long as someone is up to renaming all the files and
>> Portfiles...
>
> It doesn't make them invalid. They still work fine. "port lint" exists
> to tell you about things that are wrong with your portfiles (errors)
> and things which could be improved about your portfiles (warnings).
> The patchname check is a warning, not an error.

I was kinda hoping that the ports should pass without errors OR
warnings.

But maybe it should whine about missing modelines or tab characters too,
I just thought we had agreed that both forms of patches were acceptable.

If it indeed is something that "SHOULD" be used, then by all means lint.

--anders