php category

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 24 00:30:12 PDT 2007

"port lint" informs me that there isn't a category php:

$ sudo port lint pear-base
--->  Verifying Portfile for pear-base
Error: Unknown category: php
--->  1 errors and 0 warnings found.
$

But these ports want to be in that category:

$ grep php */*/Portfile | grep categories
www/mediawiki/Portfile:categories               www php
www/pear-base/Portfile:categories                       www php lang
www/php4/Portfile:categories      lang php www
www/php5-devel/Portfile:categories      lang php www
www/php5/Portfile:categories          lang php www
www/phpbb/Portfile:categories           www php
www/phpicalendar/Portfile:categories            www php
www/phpmyadmin/Portfile:categories              php www databases
www/squirrelmail/Portfile:categories            www mail php
x11/php5-gtk/Portfile:categories          x11 lang php www
$

I presume we should remove "php" from the categories of each of these
ports? I don't see why we would need a "php" category. The php
software itself is a language that's often used for web sites, so
"lang" and "www" are good categories. And webapps developed with php
belong in "www"; nobody should care what language they were made with.