php category

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 25 03:21:58 PDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 05:15, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Randall Wood wrote:
>
>> The only requirement with regard to categories that I am aware of
>> is that a port be in a category in the dports tree so that
>> PortIndex can find it. While it makes sense that portlint should
>> issue warnings about categories that don't exist (was the category
>> a typo?), portlint in this case should not drive behavior (unless,
>> of course, the category was a typo like (for example: gnmoe
>> instead of gnome).
>
> port lint should probably just check the primary category... (at
> least that's the only ones that are in the list it knows)

Maybe port lint should just check that the first category listed
matches the directory the portfile is actually in? So, for example,
it would warn about the php5 port, whose port directory lives in the
www directory, but the portfile defines the categories as "lang php
www". Presumably that should instead be "www php lang".

Or what did you mean by "primary category"?