php category

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Oct 25 03:34:00 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> port lint should probably just check the primary category... (at
>> least that's the only ones that are in the list it knows)
>
> Maybe port lint should just check that the first category listed
> matches the directory the portfile is actually in? So, for example, it
> would warn about the php5 port, whose port directory lives in the www
> directory, but the portfile defines the categories as "lang php www".
> Presumably that should instead be "www php lang".
>
> Or what did you mean by "primary category"?

"First", which should be the same as the directory in which it is
stored. It's just that the Portfile is supposed to be able to come from
things other than a regular file, so I'm a little sceptic at adding
more hacks which assume that it is. Then again, a) it already does
assume a great deal about Portfile being a regular file anyway and b)
building directly from a .portpkg or a database is probably lightyears
away anyhow...

--anders