destroot.violate_mtree doesn't work?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 28 22:40:13 PDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 00:33, Julian Dunn wrote:

> Anders F Björklund wrote:
>
>> Julian Dunn wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still trying to port Amanda (www.amanda.org) to Macports. Amanda
>>> wants to install its own dumper in /opt/local - not great, but it
>>> does
>>> this under FreeBSD too. In order to accommodate this I wanted to
>>> set:
>>>
>>> destroot.violate_mtree   yes
>>>
>>> per the Macports guide at http://geeklair.net/new_macports_guide/.
>>> However, 'port' doesn't seem to like this directive:
>>>
>>> Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("invalid
>>> command name "destroot.violate_mtree"").
>>>
>>> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Maybe your version of port is outdated, the Violator wasn't in 1.5.0
>> AFAIK ?
>
> Thanks - is there any way to not do selfupdate over rsync? My company
> firewall doesn't permit egress rsync.

If you can't use selfupdate (which only works over rsync), you'll
have to download the source and build it yourself, each time MacPorts
base is updated.

The 1.5.2 source is here:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/distfiles/MacPorts

Download it, decompress it, and run ./configure, make and sudo make
install in the decompressed directory.