Default compiler suite (was Re:[28325] trunk/dports/graphics/wxWidgets-devel/Portfile)

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Sep 2 17:51:52 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2007, at 12:11, Weissmann Markus wrote:

>>> Then we should start cleaning ports. All those that specify a
>>> different compiler via configure.env should be updated to use
>>> configure.cc, etc. Those that use configure.args (or build.args I've
>>> also seen) should... I don't know, be tested to see if they can
>>> instead use configure.cc (or build.cc, etc.; do we have that?).
>>
>> Indeed. "configure.env" is not officially supported anymore anyway...
>> some ports cant do without, but most can. Please everybody clean your
>> ports.
>
> Why isn't configure.env supported anymore?

Yes, the qt3-mac port needs it, and actually, the it's been broken for a while
due to the configure.env and build.env not honoring it.

If somebody could fix MacPorts (and not the Portfile) to honor it, I would
appreciate it.

See this ticket for information on when the *.env broke:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11895

Regards,
Blair

--