Infrastructure requests

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Sep 3 10:11:41 PDT 2007

	Hello all!

	I recently created a page listing what I believe are the top
priority infrastructure requests we have for our Mac OS Forge host,
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/wiki/InfrastructureRequests

	Per the introductory text in there:

	"When thinking about a functionality you may desire at the server
level, keep in mind that Mac OS Forge is not only shared with other
projects but also that it does not have a staff of dedicated system
administrators to cater to every single request. Therefore please
refrain from submitting any infrastructure related ticket before
presenting a valid case for it on the MacPorts development list and
gathering at least some consensus over your proposal. Generally
speaking, it's best to channel such requests through the MacPorts
management team (jberry, jmpp & mww), since they are the ones in most
frequent communication with Mac OS Forge admin personnel and as a
result have a better feel for the state of current infrastructure and/
or pending requests."

	So please do feel free to brainstorm over what I listed on that page
and the tickets I linked, but also please do discuss here any
modifications you might want to make to it or new request tickets you
might want to submit.

	Thanks for your help in streamlining our feedback channels with our
very kind host ;-) Regards,...

-jmpp