Wormux homepage links to darwinports.com

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Sep 3 11:00:31 PDT 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 3:16 AM, N_Ox wrote:

> Le 3 sept. 07 à 03:07, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>

>> On Sep 2, 2007, at 11:46, N_Ox wrote:
>>
>>> Just a little mail to say that someone should contact the wormux
>>> staff and tell them that darwinports.com's owner is an obnoxious
>>> dwarf and that they should not link it [1].
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.wormux.org/wiki/fr/download.php
>>

>> Why..... didn't you just do that, instead of emailing this list?
>>

> Because I thought it would be better if it was one of our big guys
> which tells them... and because I lack confiance in my english level.
> But I've just discovered they are nearly all frenchies; so I guess
> I can do it ;)

	I already contacted them and they corrected the link, thanks for the
heads-up!

	On a related note, given that we don't really have useful and
understandable per port pages, I had to provide them with a link to
the Portfile through the trac browser, which in my opinion is a
rather lame solution (though better than linking to
darwinports.com ;-). In thinking our website redesign in parallel
threads, this is something we should definitely take into account,
some kind of a template page that can be dynamically rendered for
every port with information similar to that of "port info" and
instructions on how to install it. And yes, I do realize this is
something we'd be more or less copying off darwinports.com, shame on
us! But, first off, no one ever said we can't have our shot at
getting back ;-) And second, the unfortunate popularity of that page
has proven that such a per-port-page approach is successful, so we
might as well implement it too.

	Regards,...

-jmpp