Problem with patchfiles (same name for different versions)

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Sep 5 12:21:52 PDT 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> Upstream patches are versioned: they are in different subdirectories.
> But MacPorts doesn't care, unless I've missed something to have the
> subdirectory taken into account.

	You could always rename ${distpath}, which is were files are
downloaded to (${prefix}/var/macports/distfiles/${name} by default
IIRC) and do something like "set distpath ${prefix}/var/macports/
distfiles/${name}-${version}" or whatever. That would certainly
download everything into a versioned subdir of the distfiles
directory, but I don't know all the implications that might have for
other things like cleaning (I presume none, but exercising caution is
always good).

	Regards,...

-jmpp