ghostscript and X11

N_Ox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:26:52 PDT 2007

Le 6 sept. 07 à 23:04, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Sep 6, 2007, at 11:20, Emmanuel Hainry wrote:
>
>> People who install ghostscript as a dependency for teTeX are
>> likely to
>> prefer it linked with X11 libraries. I thought that doxygen had a pdf
>> backend that would not rely on ghostscript, but it seems
>> (according to
>> port deps) that it relies on TeX, so...)
>>
>> ghostscript being used by different projects which target different
>> audiences, the most feature-rich it is the less unhappy people there
>> should be.
>>
>> However, a no_x11 (or disable_x11_support as some may prefer) variant
>> should be possible to implement.
>
> I trust nobody will prefer "disable_x11_support" as we currently
> have no portfiles that use that variant name. In contrast, we
> currently have 10 portfiles that define "no_x11" variants and 2
> that define "nox11" variants.

I understand that NLS is something that should be enable by default
in ports.
However I don't think X11 is something everyone user wants, it is a
huge dependency and I think its support should not be deactivated in
a negative variant, but enable in a positive one, which would add
support.

Short version: +x11 > +no_x11.

--
Anthony Ramine, the infamous MacPorts Trac slave.
nox at macports.org