Request: commit 12654, update postgis to 1.3.1

Jeff Stubbs jeff at cjstubbs.org
Sat Sep 8 15:45:58 PDT 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Frank Mcpherson wrote:

> Could someone with permissions please commit this ticket?

Hi Frank,

I see you're updating postgis to version 1.3.1. May I ask a question
about your modification?

I updated postgis to 1.3.1 in my local repository and the port builds
and installs fine. However, when I poked at pgsql2shp and shp2pgsql
with otool, it revealed that both of them are linking to libiconv in /
usr/lib, instead of the libiconv port in /opt/local. Just for my own
curiosity, how did you get around this. Just want to increase my
knowledge.

Thanks,

Jeff