gmp port upgrade to 4.2.2?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 13 13:06:13 PDT 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 09:14, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> GMP 4.2.2 has been released. The gmp port is nomaintainer, but
> there are known problems with Mac OS X[*], in particular on x86,
> and I don't have an x86 Mac OS X machine to try. As I don't want
> to introduce problems on x86, could someone who has both kinds
> of machines try the upgrade?
>
> [*] http://gmplib.org/macos.html

I am on 32-bit Intel and I have gmp 4.2.1_4 installed, as a
dependency of gcc42. I have no idea how to test whether it's working
properly. Well, I could run "port test" I guess. I could try the
upgrade on Intel and if it works I'll post a patch and someone on
PowerPC can try it.

I made a ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12701

> BTW, it would be nice to have a universal 32/64 build, but I haven't
> had the time to try yet.

I don't believe we have any provisions in base for universal 32/64
builds. If that would be nice, then we should do it in base,
shouldn't we?