gnome build issues

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sat Sep 15 10:38:33 PDT 2007

On 15 Sep 2007, at 12:44, bob spamnot wrote:

> 1. esound issues: esound wouldn't install cause the configure
> script just ends w/o doing anything.  There have been several other
> people having the same problem in the last few days on the Macports-
> Users board.  I discovered that making the esound port skip the
> autoconf allows it to install ( i.e., I did sudo port edit esound
> and switched the use_autoconf line from yes to no).  I'm not sure
> if this is the correct way to fix it but if it is it should
> corrected at the Macports end.

esound was fixed two days ago. (http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/
macports/changeset/29050)

You should do frequent "sudo port selfupdate" operations while trying
to work through these issues.

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."