variants, deps and upgrades

N_Ox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:52:07 PDT 2007

Le 24 sept. 07 à 19:20, Yves de Champlain a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I'm doing some tests with gtk-quartz.  Many hours of genuine
> delight garanteed.
>
> Now, gtk-quartz does not need Xft2 and xrender.  So I made the
> quartz variant remove those deps.  But "port upgrade" will try to
> install them anyway.  So I thought of this.  I could make quartz
> variants for those ports to make them install barely a receipt.
> Some sort of stub.  But it seems like a cheesy solution to me.
>
> Any advice ?
>
> thanks
>
> yves

Maybe it's not really MacPorts wanting to install them on `port
upgrade`,
did you run this command in the Portfile directory?
If that's what you've done, `port upgrade` ignore the Portfile in the
current directory, so the one getting sourced by MacPorts is the one
in the rsync tree, the one which depends on Xft2 and xrender.

--
Anthony Ramine, the infamous MacPorts Trac slave.
nox at macports.org