NEW: #12795 & #12796 boto

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Sep 29 03:08:43 PDT 2007

Adam Mercer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could someone with commit access please take a look at tickets #12795
>  [1] & #12796 [2] which add boto (http://code.google.com/p/boto), a
> python interface to Amazon Web Services, for python24 and python25
> respectively.

These two ports can't be installed at the same time. They both want to
use the same file:

| Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
| /opt/local/bin/test.py is being used by the active py-boto port.

Also test.py sounds very very general to me. I had a look at it and it I
think this file is for internal tests only and should not be installed
in ${prefix}/bin/. The same goes for
${prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages/tests.
I think this should both be in the boto/ subdirectory.

Rainer