scrollkeeper

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 6 07:48:55 PDT 2008

On Apr 6, 2008, at 4:26 AM, Randall Wood wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 1:55 AM, William Davis <frstan at bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>> dang it all
>> you have fixed scrollkeeper so I cant re-install it but now I cant
>> install
>> half the gnome updates because they want scrollkeeper!
>> Im disgussted........
>
> There are no ports that depend on scrollkeeper. None. Every port that
> had a dependency on scrollkeeper now has a dependency on rarian. Try
>
> sudo port selfupdate ; sudo port clean --all all ; sudo port upgrade
> outdated
>
> and see if that helps.

1.
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
checking for scrollkeeper-config... no
configure: error: Couldn't find scrollkeeper-config
./configure: line 4586: exit: please: numeric argument required
./configure: line 4586: exit: please: numeric argument required

Warning: the following items did not execute (for bug-buddy):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.configure org.macports.build
DEBUG:
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
2.
checking for scrollkeeper-config... no
configure: error: Couldn't find scrollkeeper-config
./configure: line 26210: exit: please: numeric argument required
./configure: line 26210: exit: please: numeric argument required

Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnome-applets):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.configure org.macports.build
DEBUG:
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
3.
checking for scrollkeeper-config... no
configure: error: Couldn't find scrollkeeper-config. Please install
the scrollkeeper package

Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnome-desktop):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.configure org.macports.build
DEBUG:
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
macintosh:~ frstan$
4.
Making all in doc
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-config: command not found
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-config: command not found
The file '/Templates/C/scrollkeeper_cl.xml' does not exist.
Please check your ScrollKeeper installation.
make[3]: *** [gnome-volume-control-C.omf] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnome-media):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.build
DEBUG:
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
5.
Making all in it
for file in gucharmap-it.omf; do \
	  scrollkeeper-preinstall /opt/local/share/gnome/help/gucharmap/it/
gucharmap.xml ./$file $file.out; \
	done
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-preinstall: command not found
make[3]: [omf_timestamp] Error 127 (ignored)
touch omf_timestamp
Making all in ja
for file in gucharmap-ja.omf; do \
	  scrollkeeper-preinstall /opt/local/share/gnome/help/gucharmap/ja/
gucharmap.xml ./$file $file.out; \
	done
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-preinstall: command not found
make[3]: [omf_timestamp] Error 127 (ignored)
touch omf_timestamp
Making all in zh_CN
for file in gucharmap-zh_CN.omf; do \
	  scrollkeeper-preinstall /opt/local/share/gnome/help/gucharmap/zh_CN/
gucharmap.xml ./$file $file.out; \
	done
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-preinstall: command not found
make[3]: [omf_timestamp] Error 127 (ignored)
touch omf_timestamp
Making all in zh_TW
for file in gucharmap-zh_TW.omf; do \
	  scrollkeeper-preinstall /opt/local/share/gnome/help/gucharmap/zh_TW/
gucharmap.xml ./$file $file.out; \
	done
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-preinstall: command not found
make[3]: [omf_timestamp] Error 127 (ignored)
touch omf_timestamp

/snip/

install: gucharmap-it.omf.out: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [install-data-hook-omf] Error 71
make[3]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Warning: the following items did not execute (for gucharmap):
org.macports.destroot
DEBUG:
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

6.
others (such as yelp) attempt to use scrollkeeper which fails but the
install completes

Those are all I care to take time to bother to list.

And yes I did selfupdate and clean --all : I do those regularly.

Im very disapointed with the lack of quality in the MacPorts system
and its undepedability.

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.2 Darwin 9.2.2
Xquartz 2.2.0 - (xorg-server 1.3.0-apple13)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non