Upgrade and test

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Apr 9 11:22:03 PDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:
> Currently I don't use the upgrade feature for two reasons and end up
> manually removing, building, testing and installing each port by hand:
>
> 1) Can't test the build before upgrading.  Having 'port upgrade --
> test foo' would be nice.

You could do port test foo && port upgrade foo if you wanted, but this
might be a nice feature (and/or a conf setting to always run the test
phase if it's available).

> 2) It doesn't tell you about new variants and ask if you want them.

port actions aren't interactive (this is a purposeful design
decision), so getting something like that that requires interactive
input would at a minimum require a special flag to be passed to port.

--
Daniel J. Luke