Status of registry2.0

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 19 18:58:50 PDT 2008

Hi,

What is the current status of registry 2.0? As we are still putting new
features (recursive uninstall) into registry1.0 I was wondering what the
status of registry2.0 is at the moment. It is sitting around in trunk
now for quite some time without active work.

What is missing from registry2.0, what needs to be done? Where can
somebody jump in and help? Not necessarily me, I just want to put
general attention to the new registry.

If you install a lot of ports activating/deactivating takes longer than
actual compiling because of the old file_map.db of registry1.0. I hope
this will become a lot better with the sqlite database of registry2.0.

Rainer