PHP5 XsltProcessor and apache segfault

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 26 02:35:05 PDT 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 3:55 AM, Cédric Luthi wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2008, at 7:10 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Have you contacted the developers of libxml regarding this problem?
>
> Hello,
> No, I have not contacted them but I'm not yet sure if they must be
> contacted.
> After reading this on the ticket:
> "A simple php script was correctly executed with the CLI, and a
> segmentation fault came out when using the libphp5.so."
>
> I wonder if libxml2 is the real culprit...
>
> I unfortunately don't have the time to install php5 and apache with
> MacPorts to test myself.

Someone thought the problem was that (from what I wrote earlier in
the ticket) "/opt/local/lib/libxml2.dylib (version 9.31.0) and /usr/
lib/libxml2.dylib (version 9.16.0 (on Mac OS X 10.4.11)) claim to
have the same compatibility version (9.0.0) though they are
incompatible because they define the xmlURI struct differently."
Maybe under some circumstances the one library gets used at build
time but the other one gets used at runtime, causing the crash. I
think it is a bug for libxml to modify is public interface but not
increase its advertised compatibility version.

I can't reproduce the problem with the given sample script in the
description at the PHP command line or using the PHP FastCGI module
under lighttpd. I'll compile Apache 2 and the PHP Apache module and
see if I can get the problem to occur there.

-Ryan