Beta Release

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Aug 13 01:13:45 PDT 2008

Paul Magrath wrote:

> That is working okay for me now after a few small fixes. If you
> have a chance, checkout the new code from the svn and let me know
> if it works okay for you.

Seems that the default Tcl location has a slight bug with DESTDIR,
in that if you install like "make install DESTDIR=/tmp/mp" then
it will put the files in "/tmp/mp~afb/Library/Tcl" instead of in
"/tmp/mp/Users/afb/Library/Tcl" like it was supposed to do...

So most likely that needs to be expanded to an absolute path ?

Other than that little problem (not likely to affect everyone),
it seemed to install and work fine from ~afb/.macports/opt now.

Not sure why installing ports requires root privileges, though ?
Seemed to work just fine with install.asroot=no for most ports...

--anders