MacPorts 1.7.0 without GSoC contributions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 13 14:15:41 PDT 2008

I would think we would want to release MacPorts 1.7.0 without the
Google Summer of Code contributions, simply since I expect most users
haven't tested that code yet and we want to release code that's well-
tested. We probably don't need to make a 1.7 branch right now, but I
would keep this in mind so that whenever we do create 1.7.0 we do so
from a point before the GSoC code is merged in (and then merge into
the 1.7 branch changes made on trunk after the GSoC merges if
necessary).