Building

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 30 12:58:59 PDT 2008

Since this question is about Portfile development, not using
MacPorts, I'll continue this thread only on macports-dev.

On Aug 21, 2008, at 9:39:54 PM, Mike Savory wrote:

> Im trying to get a local portfile to work for py-libdnet and
> python2.5 (to get scapy 2 running (requires Python 2.5)
>
> Have you looked at making a portfile for py25
>

> I tried both just changing yours to have
>
> set python.bin	${prefix}/bin/python2.5

I wouldn't have thought this line would be necessary, since the
python25 PortGroup takes care of this.

> and to do add in the
>
> PortGroup               python25 1.0
>
> (which I don't really understand)

To understand the python25 PortGroup, you can read the Guide:

http://guide.macports.org/#reference.portgroup.python

And the source code:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/port1.0/resources/
group/python25-1.0.tcl