No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Dec 1 02:20:56 PST 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2008, at 00:43, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Dec 1, 2008, at 00:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> I tried updating my MacPorts trunk base just now (r42837) and got
>>> this:
>>>

>>> ===> making install in src/programs/daemondo
>>> /usr/bin/install -c -o rschmidt -g admin -m 555 build/daemondo /mp/
>>> bin
>>> /usr/bin/install -c -o rschmidt -g admin -m 444 setupenv.bash  /mp/
>>> share/macports/
>>> /usr/bin/tclsh src/upgrade_sources_conf_default.tcl /mp
>>> /usr/bin/tclsh src/dep_map_clean.tcl /mp/Library/Tcl
>>> No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf
>>>     while executing
>>> "mportinit"
>>>     (file "src/dep_map_clean.tcl" line 12)
>>> make: *** [install] Error 1
>>>

>>> The only non-comment line in my sources.conf is:
>>>
>>> file:///Users/rschmidt/macports/dports
>>>
>>> So it does not have anything in brackets after the URL.
>> And the port command doesn't work either now:
>>
>> $ port
>> No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf
>>     while executing
>> "mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
>> Error: /mp/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, No default port
>> source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf
>> $
>>
>> Is there supposed to be code that changes my sources.conf to
>> designate one as a default?
>
> On another machine, on which I have multiple MacPorts installs
> sharing a sources.conf, "[default]" appears to have been added by
> something. Because I updated one install, and then the other said:
>
> $ port sync
> Warning: /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf source 'file:///Volumes/data/
> macports/ports [default]' specifies invalid flag 'default'
> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn
> update
> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
> $

This is just a warning, so it is not the real reason why it failed.
Unknown flags are ignored with a warning.

Please run 'port -d sync' and check svn_path in
/Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_autoconf.tcl (or whatever you used for
--with-tclpackage).

Most probably svn_path is set to "/usr/bin/svn" triggering the "Please
get a newer Subversion client" message. This is #15868 [1] and scheduled
to be fixed in 1.7.1.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15868