No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 1 12:54:15 PST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 04:44, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2008, at 04:20, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> On another machine, on which I have multiple MacPorts installs
>>> sharing a sources.conf, "[default]" appears to have been added by
>>> something. Because I updated one install, and then the other said:
>>>
>>> $ port sync
>>> Warning: /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf source 'file:///Volumes/data/
>>> macports/ports [default]' specifies invalid flag 'default'
>>> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn
>>> update
>>> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>>> $
>>
>> This is just a warning, so it is not the real reason why it failed.
>> Unknown flags are ignored with a warning.
>>
>> Please run 'port -d sync' and check svn_path in
>> /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_autoconf.tcl (or whatever you
>> used for
>> --with-tclpackage).
>>
>> Most probably svn_path is set to "/usr/bin/svn" triggering the
>> "Please
>> get a newer Subversion client" message. This is #15868 [1] and
>> scheduled
>> to be fixed in 1.7.1.
>
> That's not relevant; this is on Tiger which has no /usr/bin/svn.
> We've figured the issue out and it's fixed in trunk; see my last
> message.

To clarify: By way of the above warning message, I was just pointing
out that "[default]" did get added to sources.conf on this machine
where it didn't on the other. And we found out why that was -- the
working copies were from different hostnames.

And you're right, the reason "port sync" failed was unrelated.