release_1_7_0-beta1 test results

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Sat Dec 6 09:22:02 PST 2008

Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> J.A. Neitzel wrote:
>
>> It seems to be related to the GNU autotools.  According to [1],
>> adding "datarootdir = @datarootdir@" to Makefile.in might help?
>> Sorry, I do not know or use GNU autotools.
>
> The test in autoconf is not very smart, @datarootdir@ appears in
> macports.autoconf.mk.in, but autoconf looks for it in Makefile.in. So
> this is just a harmless warning. If it did not appear at all, you'd find
> stuff installed to /share instead of /opt/local/share.

I should have read the manual before posting.
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Changed-Directory-Variables.html

"
In some cases, however, the checks may not be able to detect that a
suitable initialization of datarootdir is in place, or they may fail to
detect that such an initialization is necessary in the output file. If,
after auditing your package, there are still spurious configure warnings
about datarootdir, you may add the line

     AC_DEFUN([AC_DATAROOTDIR_CHECKED])

to your configure.ac to disable the warnings."