1.7.0 release candidate 1 available for testing

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Dec 7 01:44:39 PST 2008

I've created a tag for the first release candidate for 1.7.0 [1]; most of
the changes from beta1 involve the script which updates sources.conf to
include a [default] tag for the default MacPorts repository.

Two code changes were made: one to better set configure.* variables to sane
default values even if the configure phase is overridden (#17426), and the
other to fix use_lzma support (#16788).

The rest of the changes involve building a DMG for distribution so should
have only affected me (and maybe Anders)...

You can either checkout the code from [1] via svn, or if you're not in the
mood, I've put both the source tarball and DMGs for 10.3-10.5 in my svn
homedir [2].

Bryan

[1] - <http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/tags/release_1_7_0-rc1>
[2] - <http://trac.macports.org/browser/users/blb>