path: dependency for files NOT in macports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 17:14:16 PST 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 18:04, Joshua Root wrote:

> Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

>>> Technically that only seems to be the case for $prefix - but
>>> expanding
>>> $x11prefix at indexing time is wrong anyway. Yet, it may do just
>>> what
>>> you want in this particular case.
>>
>> either way, that's still checking that it's in ${x11prefix} only and
>> doesn't let the macports one satisfy it =/
>
> The dependency is satisfied if the named port is installed, regardless
> of whether it actually provides the specified file.

So in this case you would depend on

path:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig/x11.pc:xorg-libX11

If /usr/X11/lib/pxkgconfig.x11.pc exists that will satisfy (would be
the case on Leopard and later), and if not, then port xorg-libX11
will be installed (for Tiger and earlier).

Once variables are expanded in depspecs, you could change /usr/X11 to
${x11prefix}.