1.7.0 blocker: xcode portgroup and universal variants

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 22:48:12 PST 2008

On Dec 12, 2008, at 2:06 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2008, at 14:42, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 05:01:51AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt said:
>>
>>> I don't know what anyone else's thoughts were about how long we
>>> wanted to
>>> let 1.7.0-rc1 simmer before releasing 1.7.0 final, but I would
>>> like to not
>>> release 1.7.0 until this regression I just found is fixed:
>>>
>>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17610
>>
>> Since the -sdk option is present in the Xcode group, this doesn't
>> need to
>> affect 1.7.0 at all, as the group code is in dports/ [1] and can be
>> fixed
>> whenever.
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>> [1] - <http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/xcode-1.0.tcl

	I'm supposing 1.7.0 sources are properly routed to use the PortGroup
files in the dports directory (big woot for that move!), but even
still we should maybe consider some upgrade code to delete the soon-to-
become-stale files in ${prefix}/share/macports/resources/port1.0/
group/ (and what about the other directories in ${prefix}/share/
macports/resources/, will they move to elsewhere too?).

	Regards,...

-jmpp