Which python to use in glib2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 13 13:26:54 PST 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 11:34, Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:

> I would like to submit a patch to glib2 which forces its python
> script to use
> a MacPorts python (see http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17530).
>
> I do not use the script in question (gtester-report), so I can not
> say with
> certainty which python to use.
> Might anyone who uses gtester-report be able to comment?

Does gtester-report need a specific version of python? Does it need
any python modules? I'm not sure we need to pull in a whole python
port -- especially a specific version -- if the script would work
just fine with the system python and I don't know if anyone uses it
anyway. If we need MacPorts python, do we need to provide variants
for the several python versions available? Or maybe we could depend
on python_select?

Your patch also adds a perl5 dependency for glib-mkenums. I see glib-
mkenums does reference ${prefix}/bin/perl in its shebang line. So I
guess there's no excuse for not adding that perl5 dependency.