port revision depndency

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Thu Dec 18 09:35:24 PST 2008

Citando Joshua Root :
> Ian Grant wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > Is there a way to specify a port is dependent on a certain revision (and version!) of another port?
>
> Sadly, no. I forget if there's a ticket specifically for this, but it's
> definitely on the to-do list along with
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/126>.

It would also imply being able to install a certain revision of a port.
At the moment, you can only install the "current" version.

I'm not sure the priority is high as the workaround (if a port depends
on a specific old version, make a port for this old version and make the
dependent explicitly link with that version) works better (at least
simpler) than having each port install in a versioned prefix and virtual
environments created for each dependent...

Emmanuel