About porting mesa3d

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Thu Dec 18 18:20:10 PST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 3:40 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2008, at 06:10, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
>
>> On 14/dic/08, at 13:05, Chris Scharver wrote:
>>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17569
>>> I need to fix the x11 dependencies in the Portfile, but other than
>>> that it seems to work. A full Mesa3d port would probably supercede
>>> this one.
>>

>> Jeremy committed "mesa" port, check it on repository.
>

> Yeah, but that mesa port doesn't include glw...
>
> Would you rather include GLw in this port as a variant, have it
> build GLw as well. or laeve GLw to this glw port?

GLw seems to be a strange animal due to its dependency on Motif. It's
a small library, and since it's a requirement for Open Inventor, it
would be best handled as a separate port. Otherwise the situation
results in trying to depend on a variant. Although should the glw port
be named mesa-glw to clarify the association?

Chris