[MacPorts] #17736: gnome-doc-utils 0.14.0 -- build failure

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Dec 23 07:21:58 PST 2008

Ian Grant wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:50:52 -0000
> "MacPorts" <noreply at macports.org> wrote:
>
>>  gnome-doc-utils upgraded to version 0.14.1 in r44154 and builds
>> without incident on 10.4.11 ppc.
>>

> Thanks, 0.14.1 works for me too.
>
> I had been operating on the assumption that if I didn't do a selfupdate I would get some sort of consistent picture of the ports tree, albeit not the very latest. Should I just be running a selfupdate every time, before I install any port?
>
> bramley:~$ sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
>
> MacPorts base version 1.700 installed
> Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.700
>
> The MacPorts installation is not outdated so it was not updated
> bramley:~$ sudo port clean --all gnome-doc-utils
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Cleaning gnome-doc-utils
> bramley:~$ sudo port install gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Fetching gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.14.1.tar.bz2 from http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.14/
> --->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.14.1.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.linux.org.uk/mirrors/ftp.gnome.org/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.14/
> --->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.14.1.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.gnome.org/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.14/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Extracting gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Configuring gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Building gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Staging gnome-doc-utils into destroot
> --->  Installing gnome-doc-utils @0.14.1_0
> --->  Activating gnome-doc-utils @0.14.1_0
> --->  Cleaning gnome-doc-utils
> bramley:~$

Yes, before installing or upgrading, its a good idea to run selfupdate
to make sure you have the
latest port version.  And, if you have a problem, its probably good as
well before opening a ticket
to make sure that your problem hasn't already been solved.

In this particular case, the problem was a known bug in MacPorts 1.6.0
that had been fixed in
trunk for a long time (version 0.14.0 built ok for me using trunk) but
has only been available to
the general public since the release of 1.7.0.

Glad your problem is solved.

Dave