::ui_init invalid (was gtk2 fails to build - libXdamage wrong version)

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Dec 23 14:48:45 PST 2008

>From the -users list [1]:
[...]
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for gtk2):
> org.macports.destroot org.macports.build
> DEBUG: invalid command name "::ui_init"
>     while executing
> "::ui_init $priority $prefix $channels $message"
>     ("uplevel" body line 2)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel 1 $body"
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

This is the second time I've seen this error message (though I've not seen
it running port myself).  Since this call to ::ui_init is in a try/catch
block [2] shouldn't this not be happening?  Or is there another call that
I'm not seeing?

Bryan

[1] - <http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-December/013014.html>
[2] - <http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl#L128>