Question about shells/osh/Portfile patch

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sat Dec 27 13:04:00 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 08:39:33PM +0000, J.A. Neitzel said:
> Hello,
>
> Before submitting a patch via Trac Ticket to make my osh port use
> "use_parallel_build yes" according to Ryan Schmidt's "Encouraging
> ports to include use_parallel_build" [1], should I go ahead and
> remove the following lines in the patch:
>
> # NOTE: INSTALL=... can be removed after MacPorts 1.7 is released.
> destroot.env	INSTALL=${configure.install}
>
> ?
>
> NOTE: Removing the destroot.env line breaks installation of the osh
> port under MacPorts 1.6 because of something related to the old TCL
> env bug.

Definitely, 1.7 has been out for a couple of weeks now and we really want
people moving to it, because of all the bug fixes, workarounds, etc
(including the Tcl env bug mentioned there).

A number of ports that had 1.6-based workarounds have already had those
workarounds removed, so this won't be the first one.

Bryan