*-devel ports

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:24:15 PST 2008

I think -devel is better.
For one thing, it's more intuitive.
Second, this naming convension is already used in FreeBSD
so at least BSD users prefers -devel one.

By the way, I think MacPorts is not for everyone,
I mean, it's mostly for developer or kinds of techies, right?
So  IMHO providing an easy access to the latest, greatest software is
more important thant prevent users from using might-be-unstable-software.
Bad idea?