*-devel ports

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Thu Feb 7 07:17:34 PST 2008

On 2008-02-07 09:47:45 -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Emmanuel Hainry wrote:
>> Seeing that there are 5 different postgresql port (7,
>> 80, 81, 82, 83) makes me quite puzzled, which one is considered
>> stable?
>
> Each postgres version in macports has an on-disk format that is
> incompatible with the next (newer) release.

BTW, there's a similar problem with unison. Should I commit my
unison-2.13 port[*] (based on the old unison port)? (I'm not sure
the port name follows the right convention if there's one.)

[*] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14172

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>