[Fwd: [MacPorts Lint] Portfile Lint Errors for: vim]

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Feb 11 17:41:47 PST 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> The "unfixable" warnings about the names of downloaded patchfiles are
> not supposed to be fixed -- the "port lint" warning is erroneous (as
> you know). It would be great if someone could fix this bug:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13615

I committed a check if the file exists locally in files/:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/34082

> And while they're there, do this as well:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13825

I have no idea how to fix this. Before lint is run, the normal Portfile
evaluation takes place which happens platform dependent. It wouldn't be
a solution just to add all variants and platforms, because they might be
conflicting which could influence linting IMHO.

Rainer