72 hours are not enough for maintainers?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Feb 15 14:15:25 PST 2008

js wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MacPorts Guide says
>
> "The maintainer should apply the patches and close the ticket within 72 hours."
> "If the maintainer does not respond within 72 hours, you or another
> committer may review the patches and update the port."
>
> But actually this is not always the case.
> So I started to consider 72 hours restriction is not realistic so this
> part of guideline should be modified to be more practical.
>
> Any comments?

Depends upon what side of the coin you are on.  Sometimes I want to get a fix in
  for another port and waiting 3 days seems like forever.  Other times I miss an
email for an update on my port, but I don't typically mind somebody else fixing
it.  I can always change the fix after it goes in and increment the revision.

So three days seems like a reasonable middle-ground.

Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/