variant cascade

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Sun Feb 17 05:38:50 PST 2008

I don't believe so, but this is undocumented. However, I don't think
it  should either. Here's a setup where it will cause confusion:

http://pastie.textmate.org/153371

There's no requirement that dependencies are processed in order, and
just looking at the 'tea' Portfile in my example, there would be no
way of knowing that 'milk' will get built with +bar.

This should be documented, sure, but I don't think it should be
changed. However, I do think this is another example of how our
dependency engine fails.

-Kevin Ballard