python 2.5 not playing well with others...

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Feb 24 11:57:14 PST 2008

Douglas Philips wrote:
> this morning I did a port -d selfupdate and then port outdated which
> revealed new versions of a number of python 2.5 things. When I tried
> to update python25, this is what I got: (and this error probably
> prevented all the other py25-<whatever> upgrades from succeeding...

Reinstall python_select,
   sudo port -unf upgrade python_select
Then activate python25,
   sudo port activate python25

The python25 select file was moved from the python_select port to the
python25 port itself. But since python25 does not depend on
python_select, port upgrade outdated could have done this in the wrong
order.

Rainer