Warnings when I visit http://www.macports.org/ in Safari v.1.3.2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 26 16:21:56 PST 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 11:03, js wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:10 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> js wrote:

>>> The problem is Safari 1.3 is processing the page as an XML document,
>>> even though, just as you pointed out, it's really a XHTML.
>>> The server seems returning the right HTTP header,
>>> so I think it's actually a Safari's problem.
>>
>>  This may be related to
>>  http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14062
>
> http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200410/safari_and_xhtml/

Sorry, Juan Manuel; you're right, I was thinking of XML, where those
entities aren't defined. Looks like they are defined in XHTML, but
Safari 1.x has a bug.

I am moving this week, but next week I will have access to a Power
Mac G3 on which I can install Panther and try to tackle this, if
nobody else has by then.