doxygen vs libiconv oddity

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Wed Jan 2 09:23:25 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a heck of a time with what should be a simple bug.
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13156

Several people have reported the same problem, but I cannot replicate
it on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.4.11. I have tested both
with and without the libiconv port installed, and it looks like my
libiconv simply doesn't match the results that others are seeing.
What could make the libiconv port yield different function
signatures? My iconv.h installed for libiconv @1.12_0+darwin_8 works
fine, but it looks like others are getting different headers without
the const parameter.

I tried reinstalling the developer tools as well as XCode, but the
port as is builds fine on my machine. I don't have a /usr/local. I
could use some help trying to identify why the libiconv port is
behaving differently.

Thanks,
Chris