'port build' different than 'make all'

jcharum nabble at jcharum.fastmail.net
Thu Jan 3 18:59:35 PST 2008

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

> I am not really familiar with ghc, but I can tell you that MacPorts
> builds in a modified environment. Any PATH you have set in your
> terminal, for example, is ignored, and MacPorts uses its own PATH. A
> slew of other environment variables are also set by MacPorts. I can't
> name them all off the top of my head but you can peek through the
> sources in src/port1.0 such as portconfigure.tcl and portbuild.tcl.

I see.  I actually built with the PATH that the configure script reports
during the MacPorts configure phase, so I think I got that part right unless
the PATH is different for the build phase(!).  Thanks for the pointer to the
sources to see the rest of the environment.  I will investigate to see if I
can reproduce the MacPorts build output.