[32446] trunk/dports/sysutils/rpm-devel/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 5 13:42:27 PST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 05:11, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Perhaps, but these -devel ports usally build from tip of trunk so
>>> they all had revision "0"...
>>
>> Ports should never build from tip of trunk or HEAD or similar
>> concepts.....
>
> These do.

But that's not reproducible, and I thought we always wanted that. If
I install a specific version of a port today, I should get the same
software if I install that same version of that port tomorrow. By
fetching from HEAD, you break that assumption.

> Not sure what the alternative would be, should I set up a cron job
> to commit a Portfile daily ?

I see for example that Markus commits a new version of gcc43 every
week or so. I hope he tests it before committing, however.