Different dmgs for different felines

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 15:21:25 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:44 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Maun Suang, since you reported to me that you already got the
> Panther dmg built, and that the errors you're experiencing
> (ui_prefix) manifest themselves regardless of whether you install
> from the dmg or from source, what would you say about uploading that
> dmg regardless of the bug? Kevin introduced some code to hunt down
> those errors, but that wont see the light of day until 1.6.1, which
> is orthogonal to the dmg.

	I should definitely keep a closer eye on the users list! ;-) I just
realized there that the Panther runtime problems have been corrected
(kevin's try-catch blocks, so much for my 1.6.1 related comments;-),
so there shouldn't be any problem in uploading the 1.6.0 dmg for
Panther. Once a user installs off that, the postfligth script will
selfupdate to 1.6.1 when we release it, so Panther users will
hopefully not see the runtime errors.

-jmpp