[MacPorts] #13586: Upgrade libtorrent/rtorrent 0.11.7-9/0.7.7-9

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 26 01:00:05 PST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 02:12, Marcus D'Camp wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008 5:48 PM, MacPorts wrote:
>
>> #13586: Upgrade libtorrent/rtorrent 0.11.7-9/0.7.7-9
>> --------------------------------
>> +-------------------------------------------
>>  Reporter:  carcus at carcus.net  |       Owner:
>> ryandesign at macports.org
>>      Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  closed
>>  Component:  ports              |     Version:  1.5.2
>> Resolution:  fixed              |    Keywords:
>> --------------------------------
>> +-------------------------------------------
>> Changes (by ryandesign at macports.org):
>>
>>  * cc: imajes at macports.org (added)
>>  * status:  new => closed
>>  * resolution:  => fixed
>>
>> Comment:
>>
>>  The checksums in the patch for rtorrent were a bit messed up
>> (space after
>>  backslash on md5 line, rmd160 checksum listed as "rmd16" with an
>> extra 0
>>  after the end of the checksum) but I fixed it and committed both
>> updates
>>  in r33383. Thanks!
>
> That's my bad, sorry about that! What editor do you use for those?
> I don't seem to have very good luck with vi.

No worries. :) I know, vi is pretty weird.

I use TextWrangler by Bare Bones Software, which is the free lite
version of BBEdit.

I have the editor set up to show invisible characters all the time
(except for spaces) so I can see where tabs and newlines are. Helps
for spotting whitespace errors.

I have my EDITOR environment variable set up so that when I type
"port edit foo" or "svn commit" it pops up into TextWrangler, and
when I'm done in TextWrangler and save and close the document, it
brings me back to the Terminal. In ~/.bashrc I have "export
EDITOR=editor.sh" and somewhere in my PATH I have editor.sh which
contains:

#!/bin/sh
edit +1 --wait --resume "$@"

I also have a shell function which calculates the correct checksums
for me and sends them to a new document in TextWrangler formatted in
my default port editing style. Very handy for copying and pasting
into ports I'm updating. MacPorts base has been updated to print this
out too, if you try to install and the checksums are wrong. I think I
still like my script better because I prefer my formatting style. :)